According to my iPregnancy app, I am exactly eight months pregnant today, with eight weeks left to go! I like nice, round numbers like that. I can't believe there are less than ten weeks left - or less! A friend of mine remarked that ten months seemed longer than normal and I had to explain that that whole nine months thing is a HUGE LIE! I don't know where the nine months rumor started, but pregnancy is measured in 40 weeks, which equals ten months. Sneaking in that extra month was pretty cruel!
The iPregnancy app is pretty useful - it measures how far along you are, gives you little facts about the baby's growth and development each week and has drawings and 3D ultrasound images to illustrate how big the baby is. It even has a name picker that picks a random name if you shake your phone, which is pretty entertaining. Here, I'll shake it and tell you the first random name it picks. Destinee. The 616th most popular girl name last year. I don't think we'll be choosing that name, no offense to all the Destinees out there.
Today Scott and I were crazy errand runners: we picked up our twin bed mattress, went to the grocery store, got dinner started in the crock pot, ate lunch, went to Target and now Scott is off to replace his car battery ... all before 3:00! I think my body is adjusting to waking up early because I can't seem to sleep past 8:00 on the weekends. I KNOW, I KNOW... that's "late" when you have a baby, but cut me some slack! I'M ENJOYING THESE "LATE" MORNINGS FOR AS LONG AS POSSIBLE! Now, if there was only an app that prepared you for a baby....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment