
This is an ultrasound picture of our baby at around 11 weeks. I thought we would just see a little blob, and was amazed that we could already see so much detail. She (well... "it" at the time) was rocking back and forth, moving her little arms and wiggling all around. This was a very exciting appointment and I think it really became real to us that we were having a baby! You're not really showing at 11 weeks and you can't feel the baby move yet, so seeing that tiny little thing on the screen made it a lot more real. It was a very exciting day!

This is an ultrasound picture of our baby at around 22 weeks. This is from the appointment when we found out the gender. The ultrasound technician does quite a good job at building up the suspense. First, she measured the head, limbs, etc. and checked the vital organs and then she was like... "Are you ready?!" It was a very exciting moment and of course I got a little teary eyed over it. We would have been happy with a boy or a girl. I know it sounds cliche, but you really do just want a healthy baby! However, I think Scott and I were both secretly wishing for/predicting a girl. Scott says it's because with girls you can do both - play with dolls AND play soccer. He's already making big plans for her sports career and if her womb kicking is any indication, we might just have a female David Beckham or the first female collegiate football kicker in there because WOW does she kick up a storm sometimes!
1 comments:
Boys can play with dolls too. But if clothes are fused into their doll bodies, they're considered action figures... as I've learned from a garage sale attendee on Style Network's "Clean House."
Post a Comment