A Quick Recap

I've been keeping a paper journal, documenting the pregnancy so our daughter can read it one day. It's written to her and includes important dates, milestones and mementos from the pregnancy. I've decided to look back through it and recap some milestone dates here.

July 23, 2009 (4 weeks) - A positive pregnancy test! This was a pretty exciting day!

July 31, 2009 (5 weeks) - I dance in my dance studio's student show, praying that I don't get nauseous or start showing! It is now January and I'm still going to dance class once or twice a week, although trying to dance and accommodate my giant belly is getting pretty comical. I might not be able to do everything perfectly, but the stretching feels so good!

August 15, 2009 (7 weeks) - Paul McCartney at Piedmont Park. My Baby Girl has already been to some pretty great concerts! So far, I've been feeling a little nauseous, but nothing too terrible. I sleep ALL THE TIME.

August 26, 2009 (9 weeks) - Flaming Lips at Chastain Park. We're trying to fit in as many things as possible because we know our life will change forever once the baby comes.

September 3, 2009 (10 weeks) - We start to tell family members and friends the good news.

September 10, 2009 (11 weeks) - First ultrasound appointment. Very cool to see Baby Girl "in person!"

September 12, 2009 (11 weeks) - Baby Girl's first Georgia game. I worry about how I will survive the football season, but I make it through OK thanks to a comfy tailgating chair with a footrest, copious amounts of food and marathon naps on Sundays. The next few weeks are not very eventful, baby wise - we just enjoy our last football season as a childless couple. Night games were not my friend.

November 8, 2009 (20 weeks) - Halfway mark!

November 16, 2009 (21 weeks) - Felt Baby Girl kick for the first time! Nothing too exciting has been happening over the past 10 weeks - just growing bigger!

Tuesday, November 17, 2009 (21 weeks) - Second ultrasound appointment. Find out that we're having a Baby Girl!

Thursday, November 26, 2009 (22 weeks) - Thanksgiving day. We're thankful for our baby. Scott runs in a half marathon that he's been training for all fall (see above re: "trying to do as many things as possible now.")

Friday, November 27, 2009 (22 weeks) - My 31st birthday. Scott surprises me with tickets to the Fox Theatre to see the Radio City Christmas Spectacular. I get a little emotional over seeing all the little girls their in their frilly Christmas dresses. Great kick off to the holiday season.

December 26, 2009 (26 weeks) - Enjoyed relaxing over the holidays, now it's time to focus on baby things as the third trimester begins. We spend our week off of work after Christmas getting the nursery ready and taking care of other projects.

January 1, 2010 (27 weeks) - We ring in the New Year with a movie, sparkling cider and lounging around in our PJs. A far cry from previous New Years, where we have always traveled for a bowl game/blow out vacation.

January 3, 2010 (28 weeks) - Seven month mark - we're in the home stretch!

January 7, 2010 (28 weeks) - Tomorrow I have my seven month doctor's appointment. This is the final monthly appointment before I switch to appointments every two weeks and then every week in the final month. It really hits home how fast the due date is approaching!

1 comments:

CK, MD said...

I can't believe you are 28 weeks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails