Hospital ... Or Fancy Hotel?

Here is Scott pretending to warm his hands in the fireplace in the lobby of the women's center at Dekalb Medical. We had our hospital tour today and wow... that place is really nice! I am looking forward to delivering there. The tour was more of a "virtual" tour due to the flu season - they wanted to keep visitors to an absolute minimum in the actual labor, delivery and recovery areas, so we just got to see a presentation with pictures and maps of all of the areas. We also filled out preregistration paperwork and learned where to park, check in, etc. when the big day comes.

Even though we didn't get to see the actual rooms, judging from the lobby and the pictures they showed us, the entire facility looks really nice! I think the building is less than three years old and the lobby looks like a hotel - stacked stone fireplaces, marble floors, a bistro and even a grand piano! It reminded me of a ski lodge. The warm decor definitely makes you feel good about the whole experience and doesn't make you feel like you're going to a scary hospital. For someone like me, who's never stayed in a hospital for anything (having my wisdom teeth out is about as serious a medical procedure as I have ever had) it makes me feel a lot better about the big day. I'll just pretend I'm checking into a fancy hotel and I get a free baby with two-night minimum stay!

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails