Super Productive Sunday

I think turbo nesting has kicked in. With three weeks left, I've been in overdrive trying to get things done and organized before Baby Girl arrives... which could be any day now. Or not. Who knows!

On Friday night, I washed and put away the last of her tiny clothes, sheets, burp cloths, towels and washcloths. Today, I picked up a stroller frame that I found on Craigslist (a barely used Maclaren Easy Traveller for $30 - score!), ate lunch, went to dance class for the second day in a row, picked up the twin bed frame from the furniture refinisher and put the bed together. It was the last thing we were waiting on for the nursery to be complete.

But of course, nothing can be accomplished without minor challenges! I guess they make mattresses and box springs a lot taller than they used to, because when we put the bed together and stacked the mattresses on top, the bed was WAY too tall. Like, comically Princess and the Pea too tall. After tying the box spring to the roof of the SUV (because the car seat has already been installed and we can't lower the seats anymore) we took it back to the store, and Scott will pick up a flatter, wooden slat bed spring from Ikea this week.

Now, I'm going to go veg out on the couch and watch the Academy Awards red carpet and show. Ahhh... the perfect mindless entertainment for a well-deserved relaxing evening!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Love it! Can't wait to see her in it!

Liz said...

So I guess that's a picture of just the mattress on the bed ??
It's still taller that the M & BS I took off of it !! :))
Enjoyed my trip to ATL and the little bit of time we spent together.
SOON SOON SOONER than you think !!!
Love Mom

rembo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails