A Motherhood Rite of Passage

Last night, I attended my first ever church mega consignment sale. Twice a year, our local church's preschool holds a huge baby and kid consignment sale to raise money and give parents an opportunity to sell their old baby stuff. I didn't really know what to expect, but apparently it's like a monstrous indoor yard sale combined with the frenzy of Black Friday.

I got lucky and got a preview pass from a friend, which allowed me to shop a day earlier than everyone else. Preview pass shoppers began lining up an hour before the doors opened, armed with huge shopping bags and laundry baskets, ready to sprint around to scoop up the best bargains. Since I didn't really know what to expect and I already have most of the large items on my baby check list (not to mention I am not exactly in sprinting condition right now) I just went to scope it out, see what it was all about and pick up some cute outfits or whatever else caught my eye.

It was way bigger than anything I had imagined - entire rooms devoted only to toys, strollers, books, etc. The largest part of the sale was definitely the baby clothing and I scored some super cute, fun brand name and high end outfits. Nothing was over $3-4 and most of it was new or barely worn. I am already stocked up on the basics - onesies, playwear, etc. - so it was fun to get some cute little dresses (and even a teeny tiny swimsuit!) for super cheap because I won't feel too bad if Baby Girl doesn't even get a chance to wear them.

These consignment sales usually go on in the spring and fall and if you're a new mom and haven't heard about these kinds of sales before, I'd definitely recommend checking them out. Check this website for an updated list of consignment sales in the metro Atlanta area.

Moms: are you a fan 0f consignment sales and stores? What have some of your best "steals" been at these types of sales?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those kind of sales are my favorite. If you are ever in Augusta when the Wee-Peets sales is going on you should check it out. I think they just had it this weekend. http://www.weepeatsconsignment.net/
-Stephanie

Liz said...

I could have gone :((
But then again, I really don't need to BUY anything. I'm well stocked with "Hand me downs"
Can we all say "Hoarders" :))
Hahahahahahahah
Mom

gated-Yeah, I almost need to be.....to keep the piles from falling and killing me.....

Liz said...

To the Augusta WeePeets sale, that is.

nuens-I think that's Icelandic ?? for NO !!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails