From Telegrams to Tweets


I was cleaning out an old email folder this morning and came across something interesting that a relative sent me: a scan of a Western Union telegram announcing my mother's birth in 1953. (Sorry to reveal your age, Mom!) In an age where you can practically live blog your entire labor (don't worry... I won't be doing that) it's interesting to think about how this was the quickest way to alert family members about a baby's birth just a few short decades ago. What a long way technology has come!

4 comments:

Liz said...

A few? short? decades??
Hahahahahahaa
Count again sweety. Thanks for the compliment? though ;))
I had never even seen that. Wonder who has the original?

Went to the country this weekend. It dawned on me today that you probably couldn't get in touch with me there and there is no cell coverage out there. Oops ;)
Love Mom

Scott H. said...

Wow. That's really neat!

Heather said...

That's really cool!

Heather said...

Heard about today's appointment, that's crazy!! I guess it'll be any day now....Maybe the day I guessed on March 18th :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails