Tucker Day

We had a great day today participating in some fun local events. Days like these are why I love living where we do! 

We started off the morning with the Tucker Road Race 5K. I defended my first place standing in age group 30-34 for the second year in a row! (Probably because there are only three people in my age group!) I didn't make it to the podium with the other runners because they misplaced the medal, so Shelby and I staged a photo later on. I let her be first ;)


After that we walked over to Main Street for Tucker Day. Shelby loved watching all the trains go by and collecting up all the free balloons, balloon animals and candy she could handle.

No street festival is complete without spending a small fortune on the bounce house!

Happy girl after an ice cream treat! 

The evening concluded with the Tucker Cruise In and a yummy dinner at Local 7. Shelby is posing in front of a very Gatsby-ish yellow car (I'm seeing the movie tomorrow as a Mother's Day treat) with a pool noodle she won as a prize. Overall, a great day! And until just a few minutes ago, the weather cooperated wonderfully! I can't tell you how many festivals, park days and other fun things we've missed out on because of this rainy spring!

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails