Mother's Day

I had a great Mother's Day! In the morning, I got to have a little "me" time. I got to sleep in and then Scott and Shelby went to the zoo while I went to see The Great Gatsby. After Shelby's nap, we got pedicures together! It was so cute! She had fun sticking her toes in the water and sat very still while she got her toes painted. We all played together at home and had a pretty quiet afternoon.

At nap time, Shelby suddenly decided she wanted to sleep in her big girl bed, so Scott let her and she did fine. So at bedtime tonight we made the official transition! I can't believe it! And just like that, my little baby is a big girl. We put a bedrail on the bed and talked a lot at bedtime about how big girls stay in their beds. She got up a few times to ask to go to the bathroom, ask for more kisses, etc. (every excuse and stalling tactic in the book!) but she was mostly cute and sweet about it so I didn't mind too much. We will see how it goes! 

At the zoo. She was proud of herself for riding the carousel's "big elephant" ie the one that moves up and down - she usually rides the one that stays in place. 
Shelby the kangaroo. Like a moth to a flame with these things! 
In the massage chair at the nail salon! 
Shelby picked bright purple all by herself. 
Mother-daughter primping day! What a fun treat! 

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails