Thanks to my favorite new website Pinterest, I've found a ton of cute and easy crafts and sensory play activities for Shelby. These are great to break out when she's feeling bored of her current books or toys and the best part is, they only cost a couple of bucks! I found the glitter gel activity on Pinterest and then on my trip to the Dollar Store to get supplies, I brainstomed a couple of other easy activities that can be made with stuff you have lying around and stuff from the Dollar Store.
Yesterday I made:
1. Glitter gel no mess "painting" sensory bag - combine glitter, a bottle of hair gel and a couple drops of food coloring into a gallon ziploc bag. Squeeze out extra air, seal and squish to mix up. Tape the top shut with packing tape. You can tape this bag down to a table and your little one can draw shapes and letters with their finger, sort of like finger paints but with no mess! This squishy, shiny bag was so much fun to play with, even I could not help but smoosh and draw on it every time I walked by!
2. Pom pom color sort - Using acrylic paint, paint each square of your wooden frame a different color. Work with your toddler on sorting the pom poms by color. You can also paint on numbers for older kids. Shelby doesn't totally get color sorting yet, but she does like to put the pom poms in the different cubby holes.
3. Glitter water shaker - Remove the label and fill a recycled water bottle with water and some glitter or confetti. Seal the top. I think you can add glycerin for a slower "snow globe" effect.
Here's my Pinterest Play Ideas board for more inspiration!
Dollar Store Shopping List:
Large bottle of clear hair gel
Glitter variety pack
Wooden sectioned frame (in craft isle)
Acrylic paint
Pom poms
Household items:
Food coloring
Ziploc bags - gallon size
Packing tape
Water bottle
Have you made any sensory play activities and crafts with your toddler? What are your favorites?
0 comments:
Post a Comment