Mother-Daughter Day

Scott was shooting a commercial for work all day Saturday so Shelby and I got to spend the entire day together by ourselves! It was a rare treat, since it seems like the only other time I get to play stay-at-home mom is on days when she's sick and not feeling up to much. At first, I was a little nervous about keeping her entertained indoors all day. The weather report for Saturday was COLD and there wasn't much we could do. But she was SO FUN all day!


We started the morning watching some cartoons in bed on the iPad and she even sat there and watched cartoons patiently while I showered and got dressed. We watched some old Mickey Mouse cartoons and she loved them! She also has a couple of favorite kid songs she likes to watch/listen to and can even repeat a few phrases from Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Old McDonald and Itsy Bitsy Spider.



Then, we went to Chick Fil A for breakfast and to play on the indoor playground. She was such a good girl and sat on her chair and ate half a biscuit like a big girl! After that, we went to the grocery store and came back home for lunch and a nap. She napped for nearly three hours and I felt SO productive! I cleaned, dusted, mopped the kitchen and even started a meal in the crock pot! After her nap, she was content to just play inside and entertain herself. She's really into feeding her baby, as you can see above! We colored, did puzzles and played "nap" (I lay on the floor and pretend to go to sleep and she rubs my back - adorable!) until Scott got home and then we went out to dinner at Local 7. It was a great day and I definitely liked being a stay-at-home mom for a day!

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails