Shelby reads her current favorite book "Hello Hairy Dawg" on the way to school.
Shelby is 23 months old today! I can't believe she will be two years old in just a month. She seems to be turning into more of a little girl every day... those baby days are slowly fading away and it makes me so sad! But it's been so much fun to watch her blossom into a communicative, spirited little girl who interacts with us - I still can hardly believe it when I ask her a question and she knows what I'm saying!
Shelby's Funny Sayings:
- It's adorable when I ask her if she wants to do something that she likes (usually color or read a book) and she responds with an excited "Yeahhhh!" or "Ummm hmmmmm" or if I ask her if she wants to eat and she says "Yummmmm."
- The other day on the way home from school, she started saying "Mama, red" and pointing to her shirt - she was telling me I had a red shirt on! Amazing!
- She is also learning more and more play songs, her current favorite being "If You're Happy and You Know It." She can anticipate the words and motions and does them perfectly - it's so funny when she nods her head and spins around!
- The other day I gave her half a biscuit and she pointed at it and said very seriously "butter." My little southern girl!
- She loves to boss us around - "Mama, sit!" is a favorite command.
- She recently learned the word for pajamas and will often ask for her "jammas" in the evening, sometimes asking to put them on before dinner or bathtime!
- In the evenings, she will point to a window and say "dark outside" - she knows when it's bedtime! I don't know how we will explain bedtime during the summer when it doesn't get dark until 8:30!
- We are going to Athens this weekend for a basketball game and we told her she was going to see her friends Luke and Emma Kate. We showed her some pictures of them from Facebook and now she's going around saying "Luke!" and "Emma Kate!" excitedly. We hope we get to see her new favorite friend Hairy Dawg at the game, although she will probably be terrified of him in person - he's quite tall and intimidating. Hopefully she will just see him from afar.
0 comments:
Post a Comment