Donald Duck, Names and More Words

Today, Shelby kept repeating "do-na-du" over and over again and I could not understand what she was saying. I thought she was saying "dinosaur" but her word for that sounds slightly different, more like "ni-no-saw" so I was a little confused. (It's amazing how adept you can become at understanding toddler mumblings!) I finally realized she was saying "Donald Duck!" I promise we don't park her in front of cartoons for hours a day, but it really is amazing how she can watch a short video once or twice and pick up new words. She already knows Mickey and Minnie from some books we have and a stuffed Minnie that Mimi brought her from a trip to Disney World. (She loves to say "Minnie bow" and point to her bow). I am constantly amazed at how quickly she is picking up new words - and remembering them!

Unfortunately, she got bit at school today and when we asked "who bit you?" she said a name and the word bite, but we could not understand who's name she was saying. I was amazed that she knew what we were asking and could answer - and each time we asked, her answer was the same! She knows and repeats a lot of her classmate's names, and her teacher's name, but we couldn't decipher this one. This is not the first time she has been bitten and even though we feel terrible, I am sure the parents of the biter feels much worse than we do! One of her other classmates (not the biter) gave Shelby a Valentine card with her photo on it and she loves carrying it around the house and pointing out her classmate's name and picture. And everyday when we leave school, she calls out "bye bye Marci" to her teacher. It's so cute and I think it's so neat that she is soaking up names, faces and words at such a rapid pace.

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails