Greetings from Stegeman Coliseum!
Shelby had a great time in Athens this weekend! We went to a basketball game and she LOVED it - there was so much noise, music and stuff to look at. I thought she'd get bored and would want to walk around the concourse but she stayed glued to my lap the entire time, shaking her pom pom and cheering on the Dawgs to an upset victory over Florida in an exciting game. She got to meet her latest obsession - Hairy Dawg - and just as I predicted, she was scared of him up close! She also saw Spike - Georgia's inflatable mascot - and she loved him, too, but only from afar. Our seats were pretty close to the court, so she got to enjoy seeing Hairy and Spike from a distance that she felt comfortable with. But anytime they came walking our way, she would curl up on my lap and act scared for a second like "don't get too close, guys!" It was pretty funny. She also had so much fun playing with her friends Luke and Emma Kate.
Here's a video recap of our weekend, including Shelby crying at Hairy! We showed her this video and now she asks to watch "baby cry" over and over again - I guess she enjoys seeing herself get scared?!
Also, if you've never seen an inflatable mascot, here is a video of Spike that Shelby has asked to watch approximately 900 times since this weekend. I must admit, it's pretty funny in a weird way.
0 comments:
Post a Comment