Easy Cheesy Dinner

I made this enchilada recipe for dinner tonight and oh man was it tasty (PW's food photography is obviously much prettier than mine). I added shredded rotisserie chicken and putting it all together was pretty easy, despite the added step of frying corn tortillas. I have always been a little uncomfortable about frying, but it was pretty easy and I even used some leftover corn tortillas to make my own tortilla chips. The knowledge that I can now make easy homemade tortilla chips and a house full of avocados thanks to Shelby's new found obsession? Chips and guac whenever I want? This could be dangerous!


I have been trying to make an effort to make a home cooked meal at least one or two nights a week. Ever since Shelby was born, food preparation has seriously gone by the wayside. Not that I was much of a cook before, but I think we have subsisted entirely on takeout and grilled cheese sandwiches and soup for the past ten months. Between motherhood, working full-time, pumping and other "milk management" duties, making Shelby's baby food and keeping up with the house, I just did not have any energy left to devote to making dinner. There are only so many hours in the day, ya know?


So as Shelby nears a year old and we are slowly emerging from the fog of infancy, I am working on finding balance, rediscovering some pre-baby hobbies and activities and making it all work. But first I think I will have a second helping of cheesy enchiladas. Mmmmm.

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails