An Outstanding Achievement

Please pardon my bad puns, but tonight when I was playing with Shelby before dinner time, she stood on her own, for like, longer than two seconds! I was sitting on the floor in front of her and she was hanging onto my shirt and she just sort of found her balance and let go! And stayed standing! She did it again when Scott got home and he claims it was for eight seconds ... like she is in some kind of standing rodeo. It was very cool!

In other "Shelby Claims Her Independence" news, she continues to love to self feed and will eat anything you put in front of her. I recently bought a bowl that suctions to the high chair tray, which has made picking up little bites of food much easier for her and makes me happy because there are less avocado-as-finger-paint messes to scrape off the tray after dinner. We have also been doing a little sippy cup practice and I think I finally found one that she can actually get water from - the cheap Take and Toss cups! This also makes me happy, as I thought I was about to embark on another expensive and frustrating quest — a repeat of the Great Bottle Search of 2010.

It's fun to see Shelby do all these new things, but I have to be mindful to not give her too much real food or she won't be hungry for milk at bedtime! A lot of moms follow the saying "food before one is just for fun," and I think I have to agree, although it is fun to see her eat the food we eat. We ate at a Thai restaurant last weekend and she even had some rice and veggies from my plate, although I held off on the curry for now :)

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails