We Survived!

We survived the first week of daycare! I think it was harder on this mama than it was on Shelby, though. She did great. The teachers love her and remark every day on what a smiley, happy baby she is. They say she's the best tummy time pupil in the class! She finishes all of her bottles and even naps well. I was so nervous about that, even though she's proven to us time and time again that she can nap anywhere, even in the Bjorn. Yet we tiptoe around the house during nap time like the president is sleeping in the next room!

It's quite a bit of extra work to get her ready in the morning and do the whole drop off and pick up routine, but I am sure we will get used to it soon. It's also much more work and planning to prepare bottles every day, but I've been making small improvements here and there to get the whole routine more streamlined.

We both dropped Shelby off on her first day and I held it together pretty well until we passed by an elementary school. It was the first day of school and children were walking to school with their parents, taking their "first day of school" picture in front of the school, etc. and I just lost it. Seeing those kindergardeners making a big step to independence made me realize how fast time would fly by and one day we would be those parents. From dropping our baby off at daycare to walking her to her first day of school ... the time will go by in a flash. I realized this daycare adjustment is a big one, but it's just the first of many.

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails