A Red Spotted Bonnet and Red Spots

Here's Shelby sporting her new sun bonnet. But don't let that sweet, innocent look fool you... she's a sneaky one! I thought she grew bored of rolling over in her crib at night, but she's now moved onto this weird wakeful phase where she just wakes up at night and just wants to play. Or something. I think she's now discovered grabbing her feet and wants to practice. At 11 p.m. And 3 a.m. And 6 a.m. She's not crying or upset or anything... I just wake up to this thump thump thump noise as she kicks around in her crib. She's probably doing handstands and somersaults in there when we're not looking.

Shelby isn't the only one sporting red spots, although thankfully her spots are only on her bonnet. Poor Scott was very sick all week and was diagnosed with scarlet fever (!!!) on Saturday. He was ordered to stay away from Shelby, which means there was no one to share baby duty with. Between the coughing, night wakings and middle of the night dance parties, no one got much sleep this weekend. It was really, really exhausting. Will we ever get an uninterrupted night of sleep again? Please tell me we will, because I feel like a withered shell of a person right now and it's no fun. I just have to keep repeating my mantra: this too shall pass, this too shall pass, this too shall pass, this too shall pass...

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails