I was coming down the stairs last night and lost my footing for a split second. I maybe stumbled down one or two stairs before catching the handrail and sort of clumsily coming to a sitting position on my leg. Scott immediately came running upstairs to see what was wrong and I told him I was fine - I just had on slippery socks and got tripped up.
I thought I really was fine - maybe just a little shaken up - until I came downstairs, sat on the couch and started sobbing uncontrollably because I thought I hurt the baby. This was completely irrational because I didn't fall forward or impact my belly in any way. Maybe it was just thinking about that split second that I lost control that sent me into a tailspin ... I have no idea. Are these finally the "pregnancy hormones" that I keep reading about? Has this happened to you?
4 comments:
Well, it hasn't happened to me ;) but that's normal! I think you've been handling your hormones quite well.
That is definitely the hormones! I was hungry and tired as we were trying to go to Five Guys for lunch, but there was no good parking and I completely lost it. I was terrible to my husband. I made him cry. So, not only did I lose it....now, I have to deal with the guilt of hurting my husband over something so stupid. I hope you feel better and aren't too sore from your slip!
I don't think I lost it much either due to the pregnancy hormones, but I DID fall and it DOES shake you up quite a bit. I fell forward though and caught myself with my hands in the back yard. Scary, but like you, didn't touch my belly in any way. Glad you're ok!
Ah, yes! And just wait until you get the baby home and you start crying because you aRe CONVINCED that she something will happen to her in the middle of the night. That's when Scott kindly agrees to sleep on her floor, not that that will do anything but you just feel better! Hormones bring out very irrational fears! They still do for me! Always cry when you need to cry!
Post a Comment