First 5K

I accomplished a big goal this weekend - running in my first 5K! I started running at the beginning of the year and wanted to do a 5K sometime this spring. My neighbor told me about one taking place near our house this weekend so I signed up at the last minute. It rained all night and the morning before, but it cleared up in time for the race. I was nervous - I had been running inside on a treadmill at zero incline, so I was not sure how I'd do in the cold and on a very hilly route! I finished in 33 minutes and 55 seconds and Shelby and Scott surprised me at the finish line. It was hard (those hills were BIG) but a lot of fun and I was happy to accomplish my goal! Next stop: Peachtree Road Race this Fourth of July!

1 comments:

Nanci said...

Yay Meimi! Something for yourself. You and Randi and the girls should meet up. She just ran her first 5K too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails