Stroller Breakdown


I realized on my previous stroller post that it might sound nuts to some people that we have three strollers. Here is my breakdown and review of each of the stroller we have, as well as why we have them. Just in case any of my readers (all ten of you) are in the market for a stroller, here is what I have and why I like each one.

Retail price: $80
I paid: $30
This was our first stroller and the one we used the most when Shelby was a newborn. It's a stroller frame that fits an infant car seat. It sort of outgrew its usefulness once Shelby was old enough to sit up on her own and will be obsolete once she outgrows her infant car seat, but I bought it cheap on Craigslist and we will definitely get our money's worth during its limited lifespan. Even though we use our Quest more now, we still keep this in our car for quick trips.
Pros
  • Easy, compact umbrella-style fold
  • Lightweight
  • Smooth steering and maneuverability
  • High handlebars - good for a guy or taller person
  • Huge basket
Cons
  • The $80 price tag might be a turn off for some, but when you consider the lower end brands like Snap N Go and Graco are $60 it's really not that much more to pay for the famous Maclaren quality and maneuverability. That's really what you're paying for and to me, it's worth it. Maclarens steer smoothly and handle beautifully. I'm not that much of a brand snob, but there is a reason this brand is so popular and you really do get what you pay for.
Retail price: $300
I paid: $150
I realize a $300 umbrella stroller is stupid expensive and even a $150 umbrella stroller might be only slightly less stupid expensive, but I looooove this stroller. It was one of the first things I bought when I found out I was pregnant and it just came to be one of those special, symbolic baby purchases that you get, put in your house, and look at every day because it gives you the warm fuzzies and reminds you that your baby is going to ride around in it one day.
Pros
  • Easy, compact umbrella-style fold
  • Lightweight - in fact, it is so lightweight that it can tip over if you hang a bag on the handle without the child in the seat to counterbalance
  • Smooth steering and maneuverability
  • High handlebars
  • Reclining seat and extendable footrest
  • Rain cover included
  • Nicely padded seat
  • I loooove the fabric pattern!
Cons
  • Small sunshade
  • Small basket
Retail price: $250
I paid: $170
Jogging strollers can be expensive and I think anything in the sub-$200 range is a good deal. I thought we could just get by with an umbrella stroller, but we walk outside a lot and the umbrella stroller just isn't cut out for long walks or jogs on uneven surfaces. I think for most families in suburban environments, two strollers make life a lot easier. We're in and out of our cars running errands a lot, but we also spend a lot of time outside on walks, going to the pool and playground, etc.
Pros
  • Good quality and style without the huge price tag
  • Smooth steering
  • Front wheel can swivel or lock into place for jogging
  • Huge sunshade - a big plus for us
  • Reclining seat
  • Huge storage basket
  • Security wrist strap for jogging
  • Includes extras like a rain cover, tire pump and parent console
  • Back tires come off for storage or transport
Cons
  • Size - This thing weights nearly 30 pounds. You would not want to drag this thing around in your trunk as your quick errand stroller.
How many strollers do you own?

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails