I captured Shelby mid-chew and looking guilty. Lately, she loves to chew on straps and any fabric type thingy she can get her hands on. I think she's teething.
I know it's super dorky to be excited about things like strollers, BUT. I'm super excited about the new jogging stroller we just got! We took it out on a walk tonight and it was awesome! Despite it's giant size and nearly 30-pound weight, it was actually much easier to push than our lightweight umbrella stroller. Hooray for air inflated tires.
After a lot of research, I settled on the Joovy Zoom 360. I wanted a good quality all terrain stroller but thought it was foolish to spend $400 on the popular BOB jogging stroller. After checking out a BOB floor model in person and testing out our new Joovy, I think it's comparable in quality and performance. I bought our Joovy from Diapers.com and used a 15% off coupon code, which brought the price down to just $170. Double hooray for free 2-day shipping and no tax.
Hopefully this stroller will complete our collection and this will be the end of our stroller purchases. The other strollers in our ever expanding lineup include a Maclaren snap n go type stroller frame and an umbrella stroller. We used these for outdoor walking and although they were OK, they didn't offer much in the way of shade or shocks. If the sun was shining in our faces, we'd sometimes have to turn the stroller around and pull Shelby backwards or one of us would strategically walk in front of her to make a shadow! The Maclarens also made for a bumpy ride. As an indoor/mall/lightweight stroller, they are hands down the best, but not so great for uneven outdoor surfaces.
I think strollers are a category of baby gear that people can go really nuts over and it's sort of like car buying in terms of the variety of brands, models, quality, style, resale value (Really.), and status symbols (Yes. Really.) As with our beloved Hyundais, I feel like our strollers match our car buying philosophy: the best quality at the best price!
0 comments:
Post a Comment