This past weekend, I co-hosted a baby shower in Athens for my friend Carrie. She's due at the end of November and they're waiting until the baby is born to find out the gender. I was in charge of decorations and had to get a little creative since I couldn't do the typical blue or pink baby shower theme. I don't know what came over me, but I got a little craft craaaazy the week before the shower! I had a lot of fun seeking out easy and inexpensive decorating ideas and working on little projects after Shelby went to bed.
An easy no-sew fabric flag bunting. I got the tutorial here.
The food table. We went with a red and brown fall theme. I found some fabric fall leaves at the Dollar Store and used them to adorn everything from votives to napkins.
Carrie's invitation was brown with a picture of an owl, so I tied in the owl theme with some crafty owls made from a cardboard wrapping paper tube! I got the idea here. In the background are some cupcakes I made inspired by these from Martha Stewart. They're topped with toasted coconut "nests" and jelly bean "eggs" tucked inside to continue the owl theme.
More cardboard owls flying over the food table! Those fabric fall leaves went a long way.
I got this idea for a blessing tree at a shower that was thrown for me when I was pregnant. Guests write a little wish or blessing for the mom and baby-to-be and hang them on the tree.
Cake pop favors. Mine turned out upside down because I forgot to get something to stand them upright in to dry! Oh well. They were still tasty.
I didn't get a chance to take any pictures at the shower once it started, but it was a lot of fun and we can't wait to meet Baby Kelly very soon!


0 comments:
Post a Comment