Solids = A Solid Night of Sleep?

Another big milestone! Shelby had her first 12-hour night (11.5, but close enough) of uninterrupted sleep last night! It may have just been a fluke, but we'll take it! I think bumping her up to two feedings of rice cereal a day may have had something to do with it. She ate cereal once at lunchtime and again around 5:30, in addition to her regular feedings. I am pretty sure she was waking up at night because she was hungry! Breastfed babies can take longer to sleep through the night because they digest the milk faster than formula.

I know that it won't last and will be interrupted again soon for teething, an illness, a growth spurt or a developmental milestone, but it sure felt nice. Of course, that did not prevent me from waking up every hour beginning at 4 a.m., checking on her and wondering why she hadn't woken up yet!

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails