
Shelby made some great new friends at school. They're super friendly, love to hang around and never leave her side. They love to socialize, have sleepovers and are with her morning, noon and night. Who are these new BFFs?
GERMS.
I knew it was inevitable. I knew she'd get sick. I knew she'd build the immune system of steel in her first few months. But it still stinks. She's been icky for a month now with what seems like cold on top of cold and I think her nose has been runny since before Labor Day. Yesterday she came down with a lovely case of conjunctivitis, aka pink eye. We were at the doctor's office TWICE today! I took her in the morning because she was crabby and up all night Sunday with a cough. I wanted to rule out ear or respiratory infection so off we went. She kept rubbing her face this morning and I thought she was rubbing her runny nose but in hindsight she was probably trying to rub her eye, even though the telltale goop and redness had not appeared yet. I dropped her off at school and got a phone call a few hours later... the goop showed up! So back to doctor's office we went for a prescription for eye drops.
Everyone tells you that school is great for socialization. That it's good for babies to be around other babies. Unfortunately those pesky germs love to socialize, too!
2 comments:
Building immunity! :)
I am right there with you on this. Hunter started daycare 3 weeks ago and on his first day, he caught a nasty cold. Just as I thought it should be going away after 14 days, he caught another one. Hunter is a thumbsucker so a stuffy nose makes for noisy sleep. I am not even sure how he breathes, but somehow he does. I am trying remind myself that when he starts kindergarten and everyone else is out because they are sick - he will be healthy.
Post a Comment