Today we ventured out to the Yellow Daisy Festival in Stone Mountain. We'd never been before and discussed on the drive out there how it's criminal that we live so close to Stone Mountain Park and never go. We used to bike a lot and went out there a few times to ride, but we haven't been in a couple of years. It's really beautiful out there and we can't wait until Shelby is a little older and we can ride bikes, hike and explore with her. For now, she was content to get pushed in the stroller as we checked out the massive amount of craft vendors tucked into the shady trails. I had no idea this festival was so huge - you could have easily done all of your Christmas shopping there in one day. We only bought one thing - a personalized wooden "Shelby" letter puzzle. I was tempted to buy some really cute handmade baby clothes and giant hair bows but resisted. Maybe next year when she has more hair! The weather was perfect and we had a good time... I guess going to local weekend festivals is just what you do when you have kids!
I would also like to add that despite being named the Yellow Daisy Festival, I did not actually see a single yellow daisy. I envisioned dressing Shelby in a yellow dress and plunking her down in a field of daisies for a photo opp, but that didn't happen so we just had to settle for a picture in our back yard.
0 comments:
Post a Comment