
It was bound to happen sooner or later. Shelby caught her first cold sometime last week and here we are a week later still sucking giant globs of green snot out of her nose with the aspirator. We feel so bad for her and it's awful to listen to her "snarfy" breathing but there is really nothing to do except for making her as comfortable as possible and waiting it out. We've been sucking boogers out of her nose and running the humidifier while she sleeps ad it seems to be helping. I just wish she could blow her nose! With the falling temperatures (frigid nights below 80 degrees! Brrrr!) we also switched her from sleeping in onesies to sleeping in footie pajamas and man are those things cute.
I hate Shelby being sick but I also consider ourselves lucky that she made it to almost six months without catching a bug. Hooray for breast milk antibodies! I am sure this winter will be a long one and we'll be passing colds back and forth every week. Shelby even passed her cold onto me this week and I hardly ever get sick. Is this a preview of things to come? Better stock up now on the zinc, Emergen C and neti pot saline refills. It was probably just my punishment for making her wear that ridiculous tu tu when Halloween is still over a month away.
0 comments:
Post a Comment