
Whew! What a week! We've been on the go non-stop this week and we are finally back home relaxing this evening. Last Sunday, I went out of town for three nights to Palm Beach for a work trip. It was my first time ever leaving Shelby and it was so hard! I missed her terribly while I was gone and it was wonderful to get back home to her. I picked her up from school on Wednesday, her last day in the infant classroom. It was a bit of an emotional moment for me after not seeing her for three days, and then we had to say goodbye to her amazing teachers. Her school was closed for the rest of the week while they got ready for the room transitions, so we decided to head up to Wrightsville Beach for a short trip to see my family. It was nice to spend lots of time in the car with Shelby and relax after my work trip.
Although it was hot while we were there, we still had a great time. We spent the mornings on walks, playing on the playground or just playing on the porch with a bucket of water. It entertained her for hours! After naps, we headed out to the beach for some fun in the water. She absolutely loved everything - the sand, the waves, the water, the people .... she was fearless! Scott and I even got to enjoy a nice night out to dinner on our last night - what a treat!
Here are a few pictures from our trip. There are many more in the new month 17 gallery.
This picture looks like it's from the 70s! It was so hot that morning my lens fogged up and the picture was very faded looking. I played around with the color saturation and voila... Shelby is transported to the beach of the past!
Looking off the balcony, checking it all out.
A bucket of water = hours of fun!
Enjoying a magazine after some water fun. She's soaked!

0 comments:
Post a Comment