My Baby's Growing Up!



We made it through the first week of Shelby's classroom transition! She cried for a minute or two each morning at drop off and Scott said it was heartbreaking! I am glad I don't have to do drop offs... I wouldn't be able to do it! She cried a little less each day and her teachers said she was fine the rest of the day. She had no problem napping without the crib, and warmed up quickly to her new surroundings. I know this is only the first of many transitions and new moments for her, but it never gets easy! Shelby going off to college? I don't even want to think about it!

I guess she has to grow up sometime. This is a pretty fun stage we're in right now because it seems like she is doing something new and cute every day. Plus, how adorable are toddlers when they walk? Her teachers call her "Little Lady" because she walks with such sass! Here are a few fun new things that Shelby's up to lately:

  • She's starting to string together words and it's so sweet! She now consistently says "all done" when she's finished eating and says "mama bye" in the mornings. It makes my heart melt!
  • She has also started saying "mine" - and can be very possessive about some objects!
  • She enjoys taking steps backwards. It's weird and funny at the same time, like she's trying to moonwalk!
  • She also enjoys standing or leaning against walls. Weird, I know.
  • She is getting good at identifying objects and their uses. She will often bring me my shoes and try to put them on me, or want me to put them on myself. She also brushes her hair with a brush. So cute!
  • She can also identify drawings of dogs and cats in many different books, even though the illustration style is different in each one.
  • When we say "brush your teeth" she moves her finger back and forth in front of her mouth to mimic tooth brushing. Now... if we could only get her to actually tolerate a real toothbrush!

I know why toddlers are so cute - it's to make the tantrums more bearable! She hasn't had a full-blown meltdown tantrum yet, but I can tell she's is getting more fussy and demanding, more often. It's like she gets frustrated because she doesn't have the words or ability to express her wants. We went grocery shopping after school this week and she fussed a little, which she's never done before while shopping. Once again... I was almost that parent! It's kind of funny because when you try to give her the object that you think she wants and it's not what she wants, she turns away dramatically and indignantly like you just insulted her. Our doctor said the best thing you can do is just ignore the tantrum... but does laughing at her count?

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails