In this week's CSA, we received apples, collards, eggplants, tomatoes, peppers and a butternut squash. This apple crumble deserves a special call out - it was DELICIOUS!! I had some leftover heavy cream from the butternut squash soup I made, so I whipped up some homemade whipped cream to go on top and it was so good! The recipes I used this week are below if you're interested. This week, I tried to do almost my cooking for the week on Sunday, so I didn't have to rush around and do as much prep during the week. It worked out pretty well, although I was in the kitchen for quite a while on Sunday! I made the apple crisp Monday night and I still have to make the eggplant one night this week.
Recipe Links:
Apple Crisp - so delicious. I will definitely be making this again. Great for when you want the taste of apple pie without the hassle of rolling out crust. I loved the crumbly topping on this and found it was still very plentiful, even though I halved the recipe because I had less apples than it called for.
Whipped Cream - no real recipe, just combine whipping cream, a dash of vanilla and confectioners sugar in a chilled metal bowl and whip at low speed until stiff peaks form.
Collard Greens -serve with cornbread
Stuffed Peppers - I used an old recipe I got from a friend and I can't find it online. It's basically hollowed out peppers stuffed with browned Italian sausage, navy beans, cheese and marinara sauce, topped with more cheese and baked.
Butternut Squash Soup - this was delicious! Like fall in a bowl! I could eat this every day, in fact, I HAVE! The addition of honey, ginger and some spices like cinnamon and nutmeg make this soup almost dessert-like.
0 comments:
Post a Comment