Funny Girl

We had a pretty low-key weekend. It was overcast this past Saturday so we spent the morning at the zoo. Shelby has a great time every time we go and she even asks to see certain animals now - the tigers and meerkats are her favorites. On Saturday night, Mimi came to babysit and Scott and I got to have a movie date! On Sunday, it was finally sunny again after what seemed like a week of cloudy skies and rain, so we spent the morning at the pool and after naps we visited some friend who just had a baby girl. 

Shelby has said some really funny things lately - I'll try to remember and post some of them here, but I am sure I am forgetting a lot of them. 

  • We recently told her our names and now she sometimes says "hey Meimi!" when she sees me. Um, it's kind of cute but I don't really like it! My name is mommy! 
  • We also taught her her last name and most of the time she says it, but sometimes she says her last name is Luke. That means she wants to marry Luke, right? 
  • She is really into playing with baby dolls right now - feeding, dressing, rocking, etc. and one day I asked her what her baby's name was. She thought about it for a second and then said "Moon." Another time, she said it was "Firework." 
  • Sometimes when we ask her a question, she does this comical thing where she cocks her head to the side, taps her finger on her mouth and says "hmmmmm." 
  • We read her the same four books at bedtime every night and she's almost memorized them by now. She can repeat the sentences on certain pages almost word for word. Our little genius! 
  • She also knows a lot of songs and can sing almost every word to ABCs, Wheels on the Bus, Baby Bumble Bee, Row Row Row Your Boat, Itsy Bitsy Spider, Twinkle Twinkle and more. It's adorable. 
  • She is really into telling us what to wear. On workday mornings, if she wakes up late and sees we're already in our work clothes, she asks us to put our "jammas" back on - presumably so we can stay in bed longer and snuggle with her! 
  • Sometimes when Scott and I are talking to each other, she chimes in and says "no talking!" She's so bossy! 
  • If she's playing with a toy or can't figure out how something works or goes together, she says "How'd it work?" 
  • When she lays down for a nap (or just "plays" nap) she says "Night, night, go to sleep, close your eyes." 

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails