Shelby had a cute little patriotic dress to put on that morning, but decided it was too hot to wear it. I don't blame her.
Despite falling right in the middle of the week, we had a great Fourth of July. Scott and I got up bright and early to run the Peachtree Road Race 10K. It was my first year running it and I had such a great time! It's the largest 10K in the world and more than 60,000 runners run 6 miles down Peachtree Street through the heart of Atlanta. Scott's start wave was behind mine and even though we didn't run the race together, we finished with almost exactly the same time - we both ran it in 1 hour and 8 minutes, and I beat Scott by exactly 30 seconds. Ha! I had a lot of fun and will definitely do it again next year.
Scott's mom watched Shelby while we ran our race, and afterwards we came home for a big lunch and a nap before heading to the pool for a while. We got barbecue for dinner and then headed to a park in Chamblee to watch the fireworks. It was Shelby's first time staying up late for fireworks and she did great! She stayed glued to our laps the entire time and we covered her ears, but she wasn't scared and didn't cry. She stayed up past 10 p.m. - a first! Despite her late bedtime, she still woke up early for preschool the next day, but I could tell she was crabby and tired by bedtime tonight.
0 comments:
Post a Comment