A Painful Loss

A terrible thing happened to us this week - our house was robbed. In the grand scheme of things, not much was taken, but the most painful loss was the theft of nearly my entire jewelry collection. What's pictured in my hand is what was left... a few small things dropped on the floor. That was the most devastating thing:  a lifetime of jewelry lovingly collected and curated lost in an instant. I had precious sentimental things from my grandmother, a sterling silver charm bracelet with decades of memories and charms attached, countless things given to me as gifts to mark special occasions, trinkets and treasures I wanted to give to Shelby someday... all gone. I'm so angry and sad and it will take a long time to get over it. 

1 comments:

Lauren said...

Oh Meimi! I'm so sorry! That is terrible! I'm so glad you and your family were not home at the time. I can only imagine all the emotions that you and Scott must feel. I'm praying God will keep you safe and bring you peace.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails