Playtime with Friends

Sorry for the lack of updates lately. We've been busy having fun and enjoying the nice weather! Here is a picture of Shelby at the mall today with her little pals. I've been friends with their moms since elementary school and it makes me so happy to see our babies playing together. We used to hang out at the mall after school - and now they are! It's too cute. Shopping, getting wings and Chick fil A ... some things never change. Now they just need to start watching 80s movies and studying together. They were playing on one of those interactive floor projector mats and while I was cringing at how filthy it probably was, Shelby was having so much fun with her pals that I could not help but just let her crawl around and get dirty!


She still won't let go of my hands or furniture when she cruises and she will sometimes do this weird crab walk where she walks on all fours. It's very strange and cannot be comfortable! Maybe she will finally get the confidence and balance to let go one day soon. She is really into cruising around though, and gets impatient with sitting in a stroller or high chair for too long. I feel like she's not eating very much because she gets fussy and wants to get down before she finishes her food. Hopefully this phase will pass soon!


She now has four teeth - two bottom front teeth, one top front tooth (which is huge and makes her look like a snaggle-toothed hillbilly when she smiles) and one MOLAR! I could not believe it and did not even notice it until after it popped through. I guess babies get one year molars? I had no idea. Bad mom.


We started night weaning this week and it has been going surprisingly well. I've been sleeping in the downstairs guest room to curb my temptation to go in her room and Scott reports that she has woken up and mildly fussed once or twice each night, but not been too upset about it. I hesitate to even call it "sleep training," because she doesn't have a problem going to sleep ... she was still just waking up at night to nurse for a couple of minutes and going back to sleep, which made for one very tired mama! I've enjoyed the sleep I've been getting and feel like the timing is right. Our favorite part of night weaning has been seeing the funny positions she winds up in after she falls back asleep! Why do babies sleep with their bottoms in the air? It's so cute!

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails