
Sunglasses - my new obsession.
Here's my monthly brain dump for 14 months. I just try to remember as many things as I can because time is moving way too fast and I don't want to forget anything!
Here's my monthly brain dump for 14 months. I just try to remember as many things as I can because time is moving way too fast and I don't want to forget anything!
- Shelby has three new teeth coming in on top, in addition to her one year molar and her giant first tooth. I don't know why that one tooth came in so much earlier than the others, but it makes her grin look so funny right now! She's getting the rest of her front four and hopefully they will all even out soon, although we have been enjoying her "hillbilly" smiles.
- Our pool opened last weekend and it is so much more fun than last year! She loves the water and had so much fun splashing around in her float! A big change from just one year ago when she was just a wiggly little bean who couldn't even sit up or wear sunscreen.
- She is still taking her time with walking, although she will take more steps between us now - about six or seven - before collapsing into our arms. Her confidence is slowly improving and she is great at standing by herself.
- After what seemed like a bout with fussy eating (maybe it was all those teeth coming in) her appetite is back with a vengeance! It seems like she eats so much more now and she definitely feels heavier when you pick her up. Seriously kid... whenever you want to start walking ... mama's back is killing her! It seems like she can polish off an entire slice of pizza and we had Mexican last weekend and she ate almost an entire plate of rice and beans. She's definitely eating enough now that we have to order a kid's meal for her, rather than just sharing a few bites from our plate, although sharing with her did make for good portion control for me!
- She loves demonstrating the fact that she can point to her head and nose, and will now point to her mouth and say "ma" and point to her eye. Learning "ear" might be tough though, because she is always rubbing her ear!
- She's been regularly sleeping 11-12 hours a night and it's been awesome. I wasn't ready to night wean before a year, but now that we have done it, I am glad we did. It was super hard, but worth it in the end, I think. She still nurses in the morning and at night and I am not really sure how or when to stop! I guess it's a personal decision. Do you just quit cold turkey?
- She loves to pull our sunglasses off of our face, so on a recent trip to Target, I bought a pair of kid's sunglasses from the dollar bin for her to play with. She actually likes wearing them and will leave them on and grin for a while before pulling them off and wanting one of us to put them on. Scott wearing baby sunglasses = hilare.
- At the moment, she is obsessed with this small framed picture of O'Malley that we had on a shelf (yes, we have a framed picture of our cat). We put it in her room and she wants to look at it and hold it every time she's in there. She loves him and will even roll a ball at him and "play" with him. He isn't scared of her and often walks by close enough so she can pet him. It's super cute!
- She also loves sitting in her little beanbag armchair in the mornings and looking and old brochure about SIDS I had laying around. I guess she likes the pictures of the babies? It's weird, I know. She looks like a little old man reading the morning paper!
- She also loves this Grover puppet we have and we let her watch Sesame Street a few times and she can already associate the show with the puppet! Oh no! What have we done?! I was hoping the obsession with licensed characters wouldn't start so early. No princess stuff for you yet, my dear!
0 comments:
Post a Comment