Parent Fail Moment

Can I make a confession? I had my first big parent fail moment this week. The moment where you do something really boneheaded and feel like a horrible mother... you know what I'm talking about. Scott was out of town for work for two nights and I had morning duty. Usually, Scott does everything in the morning - getting Shelby dressed, ready and out the door - and I do everything in the afternoon - pickup, feeding dinner, bathing, etc. This division of labor is like a finely choreographed dance and everything normally runs like clockwork.

Since I was the only one home, I had to sit Shelby on the floor of the bathroom while I showered and in a split second, she somehow got into my bottle of prenatal vitamins (with the childproofed cap). She did not swallow any, but she managed to get two of them in her mouth long enough to dissolve the pink coating. I of course freaked out and called poison control because poking your head out of the shower and seeing your baby goofily grinning and drooling pink drool, while holding handfuls of pills is not a happy sight. She also wasn't too pleased when I had to jab my finger in her mouth to pull out the half chewed vitamins. How could I have been so dumb to leave them in her reach? Ugh.

And if things could not get much worse, the second morning when Scott was away, I managed to get a speeding ticket on the way to dropping Shelby off. The drive there is not a route I normally take and I was totally oblivious to the lower speed limit. DERP. I am a dummy. Who cannot keep it together for even two days by myself. Dear husband: please never go out of town again.

Have you ever had a parent fail moment?

2 comments:

Bobby said...

When Steven was a little over a year old, I tried to pull up his pants from behind without grabbing onto his shoulder or anything.

Instant faceplant. I felt like a jackhole for days. He got some chocolate out of it though and has hopefully forgotten all about it :)

Liz said...

Bwahahahahahahahaa
Ya just gotta laugh, or ya might just cry :)
Trust me.....those will not be your worst "fail moments".
Sorry about the ticket.
That stinks.....almost as much as a poopy diaper.
"Grandma Beth"

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails