Toys

Can you spot the favorite Guinness paperweight "toy" in the picture?

With Christmas coming up, I have been thinking about baby toys lately. Shelby really doesn't have that many toys and sometimes I think she might be getting bored with the ones she has. Her toys are mostly infant toys and they don't "do" very much, mostly because I abhor plasticky, battery-operated toys that make annoying electronic noises. That severely limits her toy choices because, well, almost ALL toys are plasticky, battery-operated toys that make annoying electronic noises! Most wooden toys are geared toward older babies and nearly everything I see in the 6-12 month age range is plastic, lights up and requires batteries.

Here are her current favorite (ie only) toys:

I don't want to overbuy toys and I don't want to buy toys that she won't play with or aren't stimulating to her. So readers (all ten of you) .... What are your baby's favorite toys? Leave a comment and take the poll on the right side of the page and share your feelings on baby toys.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Meimi, I've just read 2 books on infant development with chapters on toys ("Bright From the Start" and a RIE book). Bottom line is it's about variety, not quantity. Think balls (sasha LOVES the kind that have holes and you can grab). Stackable things, cups, etc. I'm in the same boat as you, I don't know what to get. Do you recommend Sophie the Giraffe? EVERYONE I know has one, but I didn't want to fall into the "Gotta Have That Toy" pitfall.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails