Shelby's First Halloween

If you guessed that Shelby would be a penguin and we would be her arctic explorers, congratulations you were right! Oh who am I kidding, who would ever guess that! Our costumes were a bit random for Halloween, but that penguin costume was just too adorable to pass up. I bought a white plastic table cloth and some snowflake Christmas decorations from the dollar store and decorated her stroller like an iceberg, and we spent a fun afternoon at our neighborhood block party. Holidays take on a whole new meaning when you have a little one. They're FUN!
Mama, I am not amused.

The penguin in her chariot. I mean "iceberg."

Ski clothes + furry trapper hats = arctic explorer. Obviously.

An unseasonably warm Halloween = our arctic costumes did not last long. We had to take Shelby out of her penguin suit for a while because it was so warm outside!

The party animal is pooped. Shelby fell asleep on the way home from the block party and was so tired during her dinner and bath. We thought she'd sleep hard and we'd have the evening free to greet trick or treaters. We were wrong. She had a lot of trouble falling asleep and eventually had a little meltdown, which is very unlike her. She usually eats, falls asleep and stays asleep without any crying or fussiness. I think she was having some teething pain. Or maybe she snuck some candy.

Boo! Happy Halloween! More pictures are in the new month eight gallery. Look on the top of the page or click here.

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails