The drive to work on Wednesday was hard. Really hard. I had never been apart from Shelby for more than a couple of hours. I thought eight hours would be agony. And the thought of having to pump instead of feed her bummed me out in a huge way. However, much to my amazement, the day flew by. And I made it to the next day. And the next. And now it's Friday and I made it through the first week.
Maybe the time has gone by quickly because I've been able to chat with other adults, and the topic of conversation always steers toward my sweet baby girl. Or maybe the days fly by because I have projects and work to focus on and take my mind of missing Shelby. Or maybe the hours go by quickly because I'm trying to navigate this new world of pumping and I've been forced to find humor in things like spilling an entire bottle of milk across my desk. Yes, that really happened this morning. And you know what? I had to laugh.
2 comments:
OMG.....yes, you just have to laugh about that spilt milk but I tell ya, it's like liquid gold!!! I remember spilling a little and it irked to no end but you're right, in the end, nothing to do but laugh. Glad the week went well and it seems to be much better than the first day.
Meimi
I know it's hard, so so hard, but you are doing great and so is Shelby.
I just wish I could be there for you for the hard times.
Baby steps sweetie, baby steps.
I love you
Mom
Post a Comment