Bottle Boot Camp Continues

Here's Shelby and Scott with our neighbor Jen - mom extraordinaire to four - with her new baby Adam. She came over one night this week to help us with bottle training. Adam is five days older than Shelby and I am sure they will be great pals!

Shelby still has not been great at taking a bottle but even the pediatrician says that she will get it eventually and it might just take a day of bottle battle ... babies are too smart to starve! That doesn't sound too promising when you're the mom/food source, but I guess it has to be done and she will get the hang of it. I waited a while before even trying the bottle because I thought she might like it better and that it would "ruin" breast feeding ... ha! How naive I was! Now I would love for her to take just one feeding from a bottle! It would sure ease my nerves about going back to work or even just being able to leave her for a few hours to go to a movie. I have loved breast feeding and have found it to be an incredibly rewarding and bonding experience and I guess it is a bit of a confidence booster that she likes me so much!

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails