New Mom Must Haves

Here are a few things that I have found very useful during Shelby's first month of life.

Aden and Anais swaddle wraps - these super stretchy, soft and oversized cottton swaddle blankets are great. Shelby is still getting used to the swaddle, but we use these for everything, from swaddling to covering her carseat when she's out and about.

Itzbeen baby care timer - this is a pretty simple little gadget, but it's great for keeping track of length and time between feedings and diaper changes. There's also a little button on there that reminds you what breast you nursed from last. This thing is awesome at 5 a.m. when you can't remember the last time you fed! We use this gadget along with little notebook to keep track of her wet and poopy diapers.

Carter's newborn clothing - Shelby is a petite girl and almost everything I had for her was way to big. I had a few newborn size onesies and recently bought a few additional snap suits and she's been wearing the heck out of them!

Fisher Price bouncer - a simple bouncer is great when you just need somewhere to put the baby while you go to the bathroom or eat lunch. We also sit her in this for a few minutes after feeding so she can digest her food.

Maclaren Easy Traveller - this stroller frame is awesome! Super easy to fold up and super light weight.

Washcloths - I bought a bunch of inexpensive washcloths from TJ Maxx before she was born and they have been great to keep on hand for spit ups and drools. I don't really think you need burp cloths - hand towels or washcloths will do. We also change her on a hand towel with a lap pad on top - no changing table necessary!

Thank you notes - keep a stock of thank you notes on hand so you can write a quick note (while baby naps) to everyone who brought you a meal or a gift during the first few weeks.

What are your baby must haves?

1 comments:

Heather said...

Totally agree that those little washcloths are great for EVERYTHING. I REALLY like having a changing table though and when I'm without it when we're in the US I REALLY miss it. I don't have to break my back changing him on a bed or somewhere else. Plus all my stuff is just there and I don't have to be turning around looking all around for the diaper, diaper cream, wipes, etc. JMO.

Also, during the first four weeks, not so much but later, I was so happy to have this little American Red Cross (but it could be any brand) first aid kit with a thermometer, aspirator, medicine dropper, etc. I used the heck out of those things (mainly thermometer when I had doubts to put my mind at ease) and was so happy that had them on hand. Oh yes, and baby tylenol is always a great thing to have along with the gas drops. You don't wanna be stuck at 3am with a crying baby and need something as simple as that and not have them on hand.

Also agree with you on using other things instead of burb cloths. After being in Costa Rica with my LO and not always having ALL the amenities (obviously we had burb cloths) that they have in the US, I've found that most of the things we have can be substituted for other household items and we WAY overdo it in the US.

Congratulations on one month and I'm sure you'll find many other must haves as time goes on!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails