Scott and Shelby went on a bike ride one evening while I went running. We're trying to bring home some of our beach fun into our daily routines at home!
On Sunday, Scott took Shelby to DragonCon (again... while I had to go on a long run... will be so glad when this training is over!). She wanted to wear a costume, so we got out her fairy Halloween costume that she had picked out the week before. She is super into fairies and Tinkerbell right now.
On Monday, we went swimming and had dinner at Papa and Glee's house. Shelby showed off her new swimming skills.
Shelby and I made thumbprint cookies to take for dessert. They were so easy and delicious, and really fun for little hands because the dough is almost like play dough. We will be making these again! I halved the recipe because I didn't have time to bake two pans. They are very buttery but so good!
Thumbprint Cookies
3 sticks butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 egg yolks
3 3/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Fruit preserves of your choice
(we used blackberry)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream together the butter
and sugar.
3. Add egg yolks.
4. Sift flour and salt; blend
into butter mixture.
5. Spoon out into 1 inch balls
and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
6. Make an indentation in
center of cookie with thumb.
7. Fill with preserves.
8. Bake for 15 minutes or until
lightly browned. Transfer to cooling rack.
(From Paula Deen)
0 comments:
Post a Comment