Scott had a work retreat this weekend so Shelby and I traveled to Augusta for a family reunion with some dear family friends. The Testino and Creasy grandparents lived across the street from each other on Hillside Lane in Augusta and the generations to come have been friends ever since! It was wonderful to catch up, visit and play tourist in Augusta. We stayed at the historic Partridge Inn and had a great time. We had a covered dish dinner Saturday evening and then got to enjoy a cocktail at the hotel later that night. On Sunday, Shelby and I woke up early and walked around the old neighborhood and we all enjoyed a delicious southern brunch on the veranda. Stuffing ourselves with sweet tea, shrimp and grits, oysters, fried chicken, collards and biscuits... nothing better in the world!
Some old pictures from Hillside Lane! I think this was my third birthday. Chelsea is on the far left and I am in the striped shirt.
Chelsea and I today!
Above: Allison and I as little girls on Hillside Lane. Below: our own little girls today!
Hillside Lane today. Augusta National purchased all the properties and now it's used as parking during the Masters. All the homes were torn down... it's sad!
Shelby at the Partridge Inn. It was fun to be a tourist in my hometown. Our server at brunch told us about a ghost that supposedly haunts the hotel and after two unexplainable knocked down glasses at our meals, I believe it!
Shelby playing at nearby Hickman Park. I played here when I was little (but they've updated the playground equipment since then and the pool that was there has been filled in).
Enjoying a morning walk around the historic Summerville neighborhood.
Shelby and Rachel at brunch. They became fast friends!

0 comments:
Post a Comment