Toddlerhood


Toddlerhood: I think we are officially there. Tantrums, whining and the whole bit. Of course the flip side of that is that Shelby is even more adorable, huggable and cute when she's in a good mood, so I guess it all balances out. I have read that the period of around 18-21 months is pretty difficult because a lot is going on in a toddler's mind and I can definitely see that with Shelby. Her desire to communicate outpaces her ability to speak and she gets frustrated when she can't tell you what she wants. But she will certainly try! She's able to use more words correctly now, and ask for specific things with more clarity. Of course, when she doesn't get what she wants or when you guess the wrong thing ... let the whining commence!

I've been feeling nostalgic and bittersweet, too, lately because she's no longer a baby. This week I was organizing some things to sell in a consignment sale and I was surprised at how emotional I got over things like a bottle sterilizer or certain outfits. I just cannot bring myself to get rid of anything that was super cute or meaningful to me, but a bottle sterilizer? Really? I guess saying goodbye to those little things that were such a part of our daily lives makes me a little sad. My baby is growing up!
See for yourself how old she looks - I posted some new pictures in the month 18 gallery.

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails