First Birthday Eve!


Eeeek! I can't believe it! Shelby will be a year old tomorrow. Where has this year gone? Can I press the pause button for a minute and remember this moment forever? It seems like she is changing daily now and time is moving way too fast. Here are a few quick thoughts I want to write down so I won't forget them.
  • Shelby will repeat "uh oh" now, in addition to mama and dada and some other random noises.
  • She is starting to identify where things go or how to work things. For example, she will put a sock next to her foot or put the lid on top of her bowl. She can push a button on one of her toys to make it turn on and will clap after she does it.
  • She is great at pulling up now and is starting to push up to a little "down dog" position from her crawling position. She crawls so fast now and will walk pretty fast when you are holding her fingers. She still does not walk or stand by herself. I can't wait to buy her first pair of shoes!
  • We started giving her milk in a sippy cup yesterday and today and she is doing pretty good with it. I am so ready to be done pumping at work! But thinking of weaning her at home is sort of making me sad. I guess we will take it slow.
  • She had an ear infection last week with an oozy ear! That had never happened before. We went to the doctor and got put on a different antibiotic. She had penicillin for the last infection and broke out in a rash, so we changed antibiotic and she already seems to be feeling much better. Hopefully this is the end of a long string of illnesses! It seems like she has not been feeling 100% for an entire month.
  • I brought cookies to our neighborhood play group today and we are having a small party for her at our house on Sunday. I am looking forward to seeing if she will actually eat cake and icing! When I think about singing Happy Birthday to her, I want to cry!
  • Random parenting fail moment .... her dress got stuck on her tonight! It went on OK this morning but when we tried to take it off before her bath, we could not get her arms out of the sleeves! She was so upset! Scott suggested that we cut it off her, but I did not think sharp fabric scissors + upset baby was a good combo. We eventually got it off, but only after much wrangling and crying. I felt awful! Note to self: do not buy non-stretchy clothes if they don't unbutton all the way down!!

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails