The Virus Who (Nearly) Stole Christmas


This is how we feel at the moment.

We had a wonderful Christmas but Shelby came down with a bug the next day and she is still recovering. It's been pretty bad for all of us and I think she passed the bug on to me. We went to the doctor twice this week to rule out RSV, ear infection or pneumonia and she got a clean bill of health from the major stuff. She just has feverish, congested, coughy runny nose gunk that won't go away easily. It's been pretty pitiful to see her struggle with breast feeding or listen to her stuffy breathing when she tries to sleep. A decent stretch of sleep (for any of us) or a good nap has been rare. We've spent a lot of time this week driving around aimlessly while she catches a snooze propped comfortably upright in her car seat. I am ready for us to be better again... it's a horrible feeling to see your sweet baby unhappy! And did I mention the decent stretch of sleep? Yeah, dying over here. I'm exhausted.

1 comments:

CK, MD said...

Poor baby girl!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails