Girl's Weekend in Brevard

I just got back from an amazing fall weekend in the North Carolina mountains. I had a large group of girlfriends growing up and although we've now moved all over the country, from east coast to west coast, three of us ended up in Atlanta and three of us ended up in western North Carolina. We're only a couple of hours away from each other, so after a lot of planning and a gazillion emails flying around we finally planned a wonderful girl's weekend in Brevard, NC! It was peak leaf season so the entire weekend was just gorgeous - views everywhere! Brevard is known for its many waterfalls and scenic hikes so we spent the entire day Saturday hiking and taking in some incredible views in Pisgah National Forest and along the Blue Ridge Parkway. It was so wonderful to catch up with old friends and laugh until our bellies hurt! I can't wait to do it again.

(Click the photo to enlarge to panoramic view.)


Our cabin in Brevard!


On the Blue Ridge Parkway near Pounding Mill Overlook

The views from Devil's Courthouse
Looking Glass Rock in the distance

Driving through Pisgah National Forest

Moore's Cove Falls

Delicious dinner at Hob Nob in Brevard

We stopped by Caesars Head State Park on the way home - I highly recommend this scenic drive on Caesars Head Highway if you're coming from Atlanta!  It's an absolutely gorgeous drive on twisty mountain roads covered in a beautiful leafy canopy.

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails