Dogwood Festival Weekend

What a nice weekend we had! I love springtime in the south! On Friday night, Scott and I went to a UGA athletics event in Athens while Shelby stayed with the Kellys (she was very well behaved for them). Saturday morning, Scott, Shelby and the boys went to the G Day game and Carrie and I drove back to Atlanta for a wedding shower. On Sunday, Scott had to go into his office for a few hours so Shelby and I rode to Midtown with him and then walked to Piedmont Park to the Dogwood Festival. We had so much fun! She's at a really fun, easy age right now where we can just get up and go... the days of lugging heavy diaper bags and strollers are over. It was nice to walk a couple of city blocks with her without having to worry about her getting tired or wandering into traffic! She still likes to hold hands though, which I love and will always welcome. We enjoyed a multicultural dance performance, the playground, kid's activities, funnel cake and some carefully rationed rides (I did not want to spend all of our time waiting in line to buy tickets and ride rides!) Her favorite part was feeding crumbs to the geese in the pond! 

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails