Peachtree Road Race

I was dreading an absolutely miserable and rainy Peachtree Road Race, but the rain held off and we had a wonderful day with cooler temps and slightly thinner crowds! I finished the race in 1:01:23 - an improvement over last year but still falling slightly short of my goal of finishing in under an hour. Maybe next year.  It's hard to run very fast in those crowds! 
All ready to go at 6:30 a.m! 
After the race... happy it didn't pour down rain on us! 
My neighbor Tamara and I rode down together and met up with some friends afterwards for a well-deserved post-race beer! Yes, I gave myself a patriotic mani! 
Shelby and Scott came down to pick us up...what a treat! It was nice to have a ride home and not have to ride MARTA back home with the sweaty masses. Shelby had a wonderful time watching the runners and pointing out all the "American flags" and tutus. 
My cheerleaders - love them! 

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails