21 Months

I feel like Shelby has changed so much in the last month. She's really much more like a small child now and not like a baby. She repeats new words on a near daily basis and remembers so many things - it's amazing. Here's some current observations:
  • She can say multiple three-syllable words like dinosaur, ladybug and "bee night night." She has a book about a bee and she's obsessed with the last page, where the bee goes home and goes to bed. She always wants to flip to the back of the book and says "bee night night."
  • She loves her pink blanket. We recently bought a second one that she could take to daycare, and even after washing it, she rubbed it against her face and rejected it - she knew it wasn't the same!
  • She loves to point to things and get us to say what they are. She's very curious!
  • She is very into choo choos and dogs lately. She loves books and shows about trains and was very into this Georgia mascot ornament we had until she dropped it and broke it! You could tell she was sad it broke and kept pointing to his broken off foot and saying "shoe?"
  • Her cute new thing is to say "hi?" The other night I had just put her down and walked past her room a few minutes later. I thought she was asleep. The floor creaked and I heard a "hi?" from the door. I said hi back and she went back and forth for a few minutes. It was so cute!
  • She is very into looking at pictures and videos of herself on the iPad. She will wake up in the morning and request "baby?" which means - look at pictures of herself as a small baby! I think she understands that it's her.
  • We have a small space heater in our den and she points at it and says "hot." Even though it does not get hot to the touch, she remembers that it's not for touching!
  • She is very into saying "bye bye" to people and objects. If we are in a store and I point out something in passing (like say, a picture of a dog) she will say "bye bye dog" when we move on. It's so cute!
  • She has all of her front teeth except for this one on the bottom left. I am beginning to be worried that it's not there!
  • Scott taught her to poke our belly buttons and now whenever she does it she laughs SO hard!
  • She loves this cat puppet that we have and likes for us to put it on our hands and meow for her. She thinks it's hilarious!
  • She is really into her shoes and putting on shoes. We put all of her shoes in a basket by the door and when we ask her to go get her shoes (and boots - she knows the difference) she can pull out the shoes she wants to wear and bring them to us.
  • I cannot believe it but she has been well since early September! Knock on wood, but this winter has been SO much better than the last one. We are so thankful. We were driving around last week looking at Christmas lights and Scott and I were reminiscing about driving down the very same road last year, only we were driving around trying to get Shelby to fall asleep upright in her car seat when she had a cold! I remember even driving around one night at 1:00 a.m! What a difference a year makes!

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails